The holiday season is definitely here in full force and it’s more important than ever to do things for yourself to maintain your sanity as the to do lists reach new lengths. I for one always get swept up in the fury and frantic dash and could use the reminder to take time to do these 5 things for myself.
- Remember what the holiday season is about and focus on that more than anything else. It’s so easy to worry about getting the perfect gift, but the holidays are about spending time with people you love. It’s so easy to forget that.
- Take a bubble bath and drink a festive beverage in the process. Taking care of your mental health is always important!
- Participate (or create) in a holiday tradition that means a lot to you. Nothing lifts me out of the craziness of the holidays like building a gingerbread house with Alex. It’s a little thing we’ve done for a few years now that really brightens my spirits. Enjoy something that’s special to your family.
- Be honest about how much your spending and hold yourself responsible to it. It’ll save you a lot of heartache in January. It’s so easy to get swept up and buy that extra gift that wasn’t really necessary. Create a list and stick to it. You’ll be happier in the long run and spending extra money won’t make or break the holiday season, but it’ll make 2016 a whole lot harder starting out.
- Live a little and eat that cookie or extra helping of stuffing. What’s the hard work for if it isn’t for little luxuries like pie?
Do these few things for yourself and we’ll all make it through the holiday season relatively undamaged.